Re: Uninstalling Oracle on Windows NT

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/06/17

You haven't done anything wrong. This is as Oracle has intended. To remove the rest after you have used the Installer to remove most everything, just do a few more basic steps:

  1. Delete the directory where you placed the software (D:\ORANT)
  2. Start REGEDIT
  3. Delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle subtree
  4. In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services subtree, delete any Oracle services not already deleted.

That's the rest!
HTH,
Brian

> > > Hi,
> > > I installed Oracle 8.04 server on windows NT (using the Trial software)
> > > and I want to uninstall it. I can't find any information on that and
> > > couldn't find any uinstall file.
> > > Also, whenever I run the Oracal Installer the program crashes.
> > >
> > > Any help will be grately appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Asad
> > >

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/