Upgrading 8.0.5 to 8.0.6 on Sun Solaris 2.6

From: <r_hammel_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/16

We are about to upgrade from Oracle Ent Ed 8.0.5 to Oracle Ent Ed 8.0.6 on Sun Solaris 2.6.

We are under a tight schedule and have developers working around the clock, so they are resisting the upgrade. We're convinced that the upgrade is necessary for the production environment because of the discontinuation of tech support by Oracle for 8.0.5 at the end of this month.

So I have 2 questions:

#1) Does anyone know of any "Gotchas" for the
developers if we allow them to continue
development on Oracle 8.0.5 and then implement on 8.0.6? I reviewed the release notes and install guide and could find no issues. However, I cannot find a list of the new features in 8.0.6 to review.

#2) Has any experienced any problems upgrading
from 8.0.5 to 8.0.6? If they allow us to do this on the development server, they're not going to be very happy if we have any issues that take much time to resolve.

Thanks! (in advance)

Rick Hammel
rickh_at_adhesiontech.com
Senior DBA
adhesion Technologies

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jun 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT