Re: pctincrease 0 or pctincrease 1 is better?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: 2000/06/16

        If all of the objects in each of your tablespaces have uniform sizing you should change PCTINCREASE to 0, otherwise - provided that PCTINCREASE for your tablespaces is not zero - leave tham at one.

        A nonzero pctincrease of a tablespace "tells" SMON to coalesce the tablespace if possible. A zero value "tells" SMON not to coalesce. If all objects in a tablespace are of uniform size there is no need to coalesce. If they aren't they should be. ;-)