Re: How to grant truncate privilege

From: <sigdock_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/16

A very tricky solution IMHO since the user will actually be able to remove the table. I would prefer a 'delete' object-privilege on the required table(s). Perhaps not as nice as a truncate but a lot safer.

my2C's

Bert Jan Meinders
Oracle DBA
ASR-ICT In article <20000615165347.28093.00000610_at_ng-bk1.aol.com>,   l120bj_at_aol.com (L120bj) wrote:
> >Hi Guys,
> >I have the following question. Could someone please help me.
> >I would like to grant user: SCOTT, truncate a table 'EMPLOYEE'
> >which is owned by another user 'XYZ'. How can grant truncate to SCOTT
> >on XYZ.EMPLOYEE table.
> >
> >Thanks in advance.
> >
> >Kiran
> >

> Kiran,
> The permission required for a user to be able to truncate another
 users table
> is the drop any table system privilege.
> HTH,
> Rob

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jun 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT