Listener error ORA-12541

From: <berj_kacherian_not_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/06/15

I am getting the above error when trying to connect to the database from my desktop.

The listener is up and working. I can ping the server from my desktop, but cannot tnsping the database. I get TNS-12541: TNS:no listener.

Here is what the trace file looks like. It is long, but it is for one session only. Looks like it is not able to connect to socket 120. What does that mean?

--
Out the Ethernet, past the firewall, through the router, down the
T1...nothing but Net

In order to email me remove the '_not' from my email address.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.