Re: Sqlplus Error on Solaris Intel

From: <davidmurphy7799_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/15

Well there were errors during the Oracle install after copying files during what was called the 'link' step. As you are probably aware I am a Unix newbie. What is this step doing and how can I find out what went wrong, and also what to do different if I re-install Oracle

I have set env variables ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME and set the path to include /export/home/OraHome1/lib. I tried setting LD_LIBBRARY_PATH to the Oracle librarys as well

Can you explain what semaphore values have to be set and how to set them. I did not see that info in the Oracle install doc.

Berj - thanks for your help so far..its appreciated. David Murphy

In article <8ibho1$g93$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   berj_kacherian_not_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Have you linked all executables?
> Are your environmental variables set?
> Have you set the semaphore values?
>
> In article <8ibeq6$dtk$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> davidmurphy7799_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > Hi - I have installed Oracle 8 on Solaris 8. When I try to run
 sqlplus
> > I get
> >
> > "ld.so.1: sqlplus: fatal: libclntsh.so.8.0 open failed: No such file
 or
> > directory"
> >
> > If I move that lib to /usr/bin I get some sort of "relocation error"
> > when running SQLPlus - again the error is from ld.so.1
> >
> > According to the ldd() display all the libs that sqlplus require are
> > in /usr/lib except for this one. So what do I need to do to get this
> > error resolved - any help apreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > David M
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> --
> Out the Ethernet, past the firewall, through the router, down the
> T1...nothing but Net
>
> In order to email me remove the '_not' from my email address.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jun 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT