Creating Database Link

From: Steve . <syarbrou_at_nospam.enteract.com>
Date: 2000/06/15

I'm trying to create a database link between two database instances on the same server. Running a Sun box with Oracle 8.1.5i. It keeps saying the Dabase Link is not active. Here is what I've tried:

The instances are called k51 and k52.

  1. Went into Net8 Assistant. Two service names already exist, one for each instance. They are k51 and k52 like the instance names. Both test successfully.
  2. Open OEM Console. Create database link. Enter k52link as the name, set to fixed user with the appropriate login info for k52 database, and set the service name to k52.
  3. Edit the Init Parameters and the global_names variable is set to False already on both instances.

What have I missed? I've looked high and low and all the references to this seem to assume it will work as there is no troubleshooting listed. Thanks for the help.

Steve

Newsgroup replies preferred. Remove nospam when replying thru email. Received on Thu Jun 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT