Re: Problem with installing Oracle8i in LInux

From: Erwin Dondorp <erwindon_at_wxs.nl>
Date: 2000/06/15

Sam Wun wrote:
> I got this jre problem:
> bash$ /usr/local/jre/bin/jre
> /usr/local/jre/bin/jre: arch: command not found
> /usr/local/jre/bin/../bin/checkVersions: arch: command not found
> what is arch???

from "man arch" on my Debian Linux system: "arch is equivalent to uname -m"

In my case the output is "i686"

If you cannot install this program from your installation CD (or get it somewhere else), you can just write a little shell script that does the same.

--
Erwin Dondorp
<http://www.dondorp.com/>