Re: ORA-02070: database xxxx does not support some function in this context

From: Jos <jga.wolters_at_abp.nl>
Date: 2000/06/15

Hi Neil,

I think that I had the same problem a while ago with an update. The update/select worked fine in Oracle 7 and failed in Oracle 8. The problem was the view "product_component_version" in the select. OTS had no solution for this problem!
Here's my "dirty" solution that works fine if you don't have to insert/update too many rows.

declare
  v varchar2(64);
begin
  select version
    into v
    from product_component_version
   where product like 'Oracle%';
  update databases_at_remote
  set versie = v

     ,oracle_home = '${ORACLE_HOME}'
  where database = '${SID}';
end;

Good luck!
  Jos

Neil Barton <nbarton_at_dpapplications.com> schreef in berichtnieuws N1V15.11801$6d7.642423_at_news-west.usenetserver.com...