What's the popular techniques to implement search result <<Previous, Next>>?

From: Jack Liu <jack.liu_at_visual-x.com>
Date: 2000/06/14

Hi,

This may be a general topic question discussed before. But please help.

I am looking for efficient techniques for this problem: When conducting a database search, it is possible to return thousands of results. Mostly likely the web page only displays the first 10 results,
and provides link "Next" to the next 10 results. Then if the user clicks

"Next", the database query should be able to efficiently skip the first 10 and reach 11-20 of the search results. What's the common techniques for this problem. I am kind of new to advanced Oracle features.

Thanks,

Jack Received on Wed Jun 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT