Phantom Tables

From: Gabriel <gcastellNOgcSPAM_at_go.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/06/14

Hi Everybody:

I have a big problem with some phantom tables from a DB that I inherit, first its names are lowercase and when I try to delete them 3 different issues arise:

  1. I got an error table doesn't exist
  2. in one case there was a table with the same name but in uppercase, in this case the table was delete it but it rename the uppercase table name it like this user.tablename.
  3. it deleted successfully

Now, this doesn't interfere with our application, but I think this is a sympton of another problem.

Any help??

Thanks

By the way I am working with Oracle 8.1.6 in NT