Testing Recovery on NT

From: Greg Akins <gakinsNOgaSPAM_at_gatewayhealthplan.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/06/14

Hi,

I'm getting started on a Backup & Recover plan for an Oracle8 instance on WinNT.

It seems to me that I'll need to be able to drop some files, while Oracle is started, to test failure scenarios.

Is it possible to intentionally corrupt datafiles (from NT) while Oracle is started? Or is it unnecessary?

Any help would be appreciated?

-greg

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Wed Jun 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT