Re: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: 2000/06/14

On Sat, 10 Jun 2000 15:21:32 +0100, "Ting Luk" <ting.luk_at_btinternet.com> wrote:

>What does it mean ?
>
>I received this error whenever I tried to import data from an export file.

Connection closed. In import/export, happens when you set your buffer too small for the size of rows you're importing. Usually happens when the tables contain LONG columns and they exceed in size the default buffer parameter (10000, from memory). Just jack up the buffer parameter in your import to 10000000 or something and it should go away.

Unless you're doing import through SQL*Net, in which case it might be just about anything to do with your network...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Wed Jun 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT