Looking for init.ora parameter

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/13

hi all,

in Oracle 8i, there is an init.ora parameter called disk_async_io that can be set to false, to have Oracle ignore the OS async I/O and start multiple db writers. I have seen a similar paramter in Oracle 7 on Solaris (async_write = false) that does the same thing.

However, I am running Oracle 8.0.4 on AIX, and cannot seem to get either to work. Both fail to start the database, with the error message

     LRM-00101: unknown parameter name 'async_write'

If I attempt to start multiple db writers with AIX Async I/O enabled, I get a message in the alert log

     Cannot start multiple dbwrs when using I/O slaves.

If I disable the AIX Async I/O and reboot, I can't even start svrmgrl. I get a series of error messages

     symbol <whatever> is not export from dependant module /unix.

Has anybody had experience with, or any information on, using multiple db writers on AIX instead of using the OS async I/O ?

Thanks,
Roy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT