Re: renaming a database

From: Lee <feigenb_at_is01.fas.harvard.edu>
Date: 2000/06/13

Well, I resolved my problems as follows, for anyone who might have similar problems:

the trace file had a command starting:
CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "dbname" ...

to change the database name you have to add the word 'SET' between 'resuse' and 'database'

[Lesson 1: oerr can be very useful]

Then oracle complained that you need to use resetlogs to change the database name - so you need to change NORESETLOGS to RESETLOGS in the statement.

Finally, the statement at the end of the trace file, ALTER DATABASE OPEN; needs to have a RESETLOGS or NORESETLOGS...

(is this always the case? why would the alter database backup controlfile command create a trace file with an incorrect statement like that?)

Lee