Re: How to change sys and system passwd?

From: <rcarvalho1474_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/13

No, U can't chg your pwd thru Unix ora dba acc. If you know sys and system passwords, you can change them via SQL*PLUS, by entering :
ALTER USER SYS IDENTIFIED BY <new password>; and
ALTER USER SYSTEM IDENTIFIED BY <new password>; But, if you forgot both of them, execute Server Manager (SVRMGRL in Unix prompt or, if WindowsNT, in the DOS prompt), connect as INTERNAL (if asked for passwd, it is "oracle") and enter the commands above. Good Luck !

In article <3945309F.67C558DD_at_cs.ucla.edu>,   wangfsh_at_cs.ucla.edu wrote:
> I can't find sys and system password.
> Can I change it using my UNIX oracle dba account? Thanks!
>
> Frank

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT