Re: How to change sys and system passwd?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/06/12

Both questions have to do with that famous four letter acronym. I believe when you are admitted to UCLA you at least have the faculty to do that. The default password for system is manager which is hardcoded in almost every install script and definitely is in the doc, the default password for sys is change_on_install, which is also in the doc. The command to change a password is alter user <username> identified by <newpassword> which is also in the doc.
If similar questions wouldn't have been posted several times a day the last few weeks, I probably would have replied with more restraint and less sarcasm.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA