Terminating Sessions

From: <ctenos_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/12

Hello and welcome to another one of my newbie simpleton questions....

We have a testing machine that people bang away when developing some web apps using PHP.... The problem is that there are a lot of sessions that get hung up (that is, the damn developers do not use error trapping and then disconnect from the database). It is common to come to work and finding tons of sessions that have been inactive for several days (v$session).

How do I kill this sessions without using the Instance manager???? We are running 8.1.6 on a solaris machine (E250).... Is there like a kill command I could run from SQLPLUS from any other machine so I do not have to go and visit the mighty server???

Thanks in advance,

-R!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jun 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT