Re: Fragmentation of tablespace

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/06/12

But the bitmap is a data block, so it will be kept in the db_block_buffer and follow the normal LRU algorithm, so heavy
usage won't be made worse.

There will be performance side effects on viewing dba_free_space, dba_segments,
dba_extents because of the new methods,
but you shouldn't be doing this too much, and dba_segments is pretty bad now anyway because of the massive union all view of the numerous different segment types
available in 8.1

--

Jonathan Lewis