Re: Trying to get stored procedure to return a recordset?

From: <sergey_s_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/12

The way to get result sets from Oracle is to use REF CURSOR. This question pops up all the time on this news group. If you search on ref cursor in here, you will probably get more info about it than you want. And take a look in the documentation, it explains it pretty well. Also, you might get some feedback from VB/VBA folks, I've seen some postings on their news groups before about getting result sets from Oracle.

Sergey

In article <39426A78.BA79D36D_at_gate.net>,   "Keith L. Norris" <kln_at_gate.net> wrote:
> How can I get a stored procedure to return a recordset. What I am
> trying to do is call a stored procedure from an MS Access97 program
 via
> a pass-through query which supplies parameters to the stored
 procedure.
> I want the stored procedure to get some records and then weed them out
> and do some manipulation and then send the results of that which will
 be
> several rows of data in a structure that I think of as a temporary
> non-persistent table back to the pass-through query so a report can
 then
> have its recordsource set to it? Can this sort of thing be done? How
> would it be done? I want the back-end to do all the manipulation
> because as I understand that will be alot faster. I do not want the
> resultset that is passed back to the calling program to be persistent.
>
> Thank you very much!!!
> Keith

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jun 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT