Re: oracle and writing to network drive under NT

From: Vik <viklall_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/09

The subsystem that we are connecting to is (please excuse my lack of detail, I dont have all the information) a large, very expensive I/O subsystem that is connected by Fiber.

Now the NT box that this is connected to has to access it as a mapped network drive - I dont know why it cant see it as a local drive, I suppose that could be made to happen in some configs, it is not the case here though.

Does that change your answer at all?

In article <960582525.27293.1.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>,   "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
> Don't do it. It doesn't work, and it is very dangerous. One glitch in
> network communication and Oracle will consider your tablespace gone.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> Vik <viklall_at_my-deja.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
> 8hreo8$cg0$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> > Has anyone done this, and can you offer some guidelines on
> > the authentication required?
> >
> > I am starting the Oracle service as the system account, and
> > can write to a mapped network drive within the same domain,
> > as administrator.
> >
> > When I try to create a tablespace file on that drive, I get
> > errors from Oracle.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > P.S: If you get it to work for me then my next question is how
> > about if the destination box is on a different domain?
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jun 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT