Database links question

From: Boo <Boo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/06/09

Running Oracle 8.0.6 on Solaris 2.7

We have a couple of databases set up on two different servers and will need to set up advanced replication between these two servers. The two databases do have different database names, but the same schemas.
I haven't been able to determine 100%, through the documentation, whether it's possible to set up a database link, but my thoughts are that
only between two databases with the same name is it possible.

Can someone clarify?

TIA Received on Fri Jun 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT