Re: Size of SGA

From: Big Al <db-guru_at_att.net>
Date: 2000/06/09

ac_sekhar_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Typically what will the size of SGA in production environment.
> I heard that its around 4GB. Is it correct? 4GB seems to be
> too much of memory.

It depends. Typical is meaningless. You need to ask about SGA sizes on specific hardware for a particular type of application(s) and your mix of queries/transactions. I have several 3GB to 4 GB SGA's, but these are big systems with between 500GB and 800GB of data that can create between 300MB and 400MB of redo logs during peak processing. I also have a lot of 1GB SGA's. So, it depends.

Al Received on Fri Jun 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT