Re: Reverse engineering of trigger

From: Erwin Dondorp <erwindon_at_wxs.nl>
Date: 2000/06/09

Joe Maloney wrote:
> The source for the trigger is in sys.dba_source.
> If the source is encrypted, I have heard rumors, but don't know.

The source for TRIGGERs is in sys.dba_triggers

The source for VIEWs is in sys.dba_views

The source for PACKAGEs, PROCEDUREs, FUNCTIONs and TYPEs are in sys.dba_source.

Some packages that were originally supplied by Oracle are created using their bytecode. This is done using the undocumented command:

	CREATE PACKAGE <name> WRAPPED
	<bytecodes>
	/

e.g. the DBMS_ALERT package has its source in the directory $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin in the files dbmsalrt.sql and prvtalrt.plb The first file contains the public prototypes for the functions and procedures.
The second file contains the private/secret implementation of these functions.

Any object that is created the usual way is still readable in "sys.dba_source".

Erwin

--
Erwin Dondorp
<http://www.dondorp.com/>