Re: Exporting user's data to new database

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/06/08

Steve . <syarbrou_at_enteract.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 9uevjs4tbstcq33v0ksaouss6mora9qasc_at_4ax.com...
> Ok, I'm running Oracle 8.1.5i on Solaris. The database has two
> database instances on it, named: k51 and k52.
>
> k51 has two additional tablespaces on the drive under:
>
> /usr/oracle8i/u02/cbr_i.dbf
> /usr/oracle8i/u02/cbr_f.dbf
>
> The user that logs into the database is called k5u.
>
> The end users are having problems with that database instance due to
> some SQL script that was run on it. What I want to do is take all the
> data stored in k51 for user k5u, and place it in k52. Of course the
> tablespace needs to be created for k52, but in a different spot of
> course. How do I go about doing this? Also, will I need to recreate
> k5u on the second database, or can I somehow reassociate all the info
> with a user called k5u2 on the the k52 database instance?
>
> Tried exp/imp, but when I did an imp show=y I couldn't find any of the
> data in the dump file that I knew was in the database, like usernames.
> Thanks.
>
> By the way, I have access to the OEM tools if that will help any.
>
> Steve
>
> Newsgroup replies preferred. Remove nospam when replying thru email.

1 use the create tablespace command prior to importing. Info on the original tablespaces can be found in dba_data_files and dba_tablespaces 2 Use the touser of the imp command to 'move' the data to a different user 3 If you made an user export: in that case there will be no create user statements in the export.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Thu Jun 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT