Object Inherit and Retrieve

From: Chuanyun Fei <cfei_at_ucalgary.ca>
Date: 2000/06/08

Hi, folks,

Oracle 8 can create objects which encapsulated data and methods. I have two questions and hope to get your help:

  1. how to implement the object inherit?

I have a data model which organized by object inheritance hierarchy, like triangle and rectangle inherits from polygon. How to implement this data model in Oracle 8?

2. How to retrieve object from Oracle 8 through Servlet

I have a front application implemented by Java. I wish to use the Servlet hosted together with Oracle 8 to retrieve the objects stored in Oracle 8 and transfer the objects to the front application. How to retrieve the objects?

It's an urgent task for me. Thanks for your suggestion or clue in advance!

Chuanyun Received on Thu Jun 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT