Re: Excel to Oracle Export of data

From: Michael Rothwell <mike_rothwell_at_non.hp.com>
Date: 2000/06/08

Tom,

I have never seen this done. What is a "Foreign Data Service" and how do you set one up? To set up a DB Link, you have to have a TNSNAMES alias AFAIK, and I didn't know that you could have any datasource except an Oracle DB in the the tnsnames.ora file.

This functionality would be great, but how is it set up?

Thanks,

Michael