Re: PL/SQL vs. Java

From: Bob Fazio <rfazio_at_home.com.nospam>
Date: 2000/06/08

PL/SQL is a stable and powerful tool, but even Oracle is moving towards java. The plus to PL/SQL is that it is mostly backward compatible. The plus towards java is that the code could be removed from the database, and

used on the client if the need would arise.  I really couldn't say
performance wise what is the better choice.  Personally, I would probably
lean towards the java, but that is just me.

--
Robert Fazio, Oracle DBA
rfazio_at_home.com