Re: Analyze Table Compute Statistics but slowed down performance ??

From: Leigh Satchell <lsatchell_at_geelongcity.vic.gov.au>
Date: 2000/06/08

Just remember when you run the analyse on all the tables, they need to be populated with a similar quantity of data as is to be used when the job is running. If any one of the tables in a sql query has not been optimised, the cost method will not be used. Also temp/perm tables - i.e. tables that exist but are populated as part of the job and cleared after it completes will not have accurate stats generated by analyse since the stats are based on no rows in these tables. The best you can do here is run analyse on these tables while the job has populated them.

Leigh.

Big Al <db-guru_at_att.net> wrote in article <3936CF6A.30F2EF8C_at_att.net>...