Re: primary key index on separate tablespace not possible?

From: Eugenio <eugenio.spadafora_at_compaq.com>
Date: 2000/06/07

Richard,

Look at complete create table syntax. You can add a clause

      ....USING INDEX .....
which specify all the storage options for the index supporting the constraints (PK and unique).

Example from OTN

CREATE TABLE dept

    (deptno NUMBER(2),

     dname   VARCHAR2(9),
     loc     VARCHAR2(10),
        CONSTRAINT unq_dname
        UNIQUE (dname)
    USING INDEX PCTFREE 20
        TABLESPACE user_x
        STORAGE (INITIAL 8K  NEXT 6K) );
--
I hope this helps

Eugenio

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of my company