Basic oracle

From: christy <kisstene_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/06/07

Hi I'm a rookie, so please forgive me for my ignorance, and help me gap the path. i have some basic questions

  1. When migrating data from one medium (sql server) to Oracle, is it best to use sql loader, or are there any other 3 party softwares that is commonly used?
  2. On oracle fresh installs for a production environment, would it be fine to accept the default configuration, or are there any special configuration changes i should be aware of?
  3. how about on an upgrade?? anything i should be aware of?
  4. when upgrading Oracle - is it best to export/import data, or should i be using another method?? any 3 party softwares i should be aware of?
  5. Please give me some insight on some of these basic concepts: imaging, meta data repositories, sql back track control.

thanks for your help
Christy Received on Wed Jun 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT