";" invalid char for SQL*Plus ??

From: Martin Schlöter <martin.schloeter_at_mb-interactive.de>
Date: 2000/06/07

Hi,
I'm new to Oracle 8i but not to database servers in general. I now have problems to load a command file into SQL*Plus.

The command file looks like:

insert into sometable (aField) values ('Hello world1'); insert into sometable (aField) values ('Hello world2'); ....

Doing a GET followed by a RUN on this command file I'm getting the error message ORA-00911: Invalid character pointing on the ";" at end of line 1.

But when I copy and paste the content of this command file via clipboard into SQL*Plus all works fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any information.
Regards
Martin Schlöter Received on Wed Jun 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT