Re: starting svrmgrl caused immediately an Oracle error

From: Bon-Minh Lam <310064202272#0001_at_t-online.de>
Date: 2000/06/07

In fact, the user oracle8i was created with these commands (as suggested by the installation guide for 8i on Linux that I pulled down from Oracle technet):

#  groupadd oinstall
#  groupadd dba
#  useradd oracle8i -g oinstall -G dba

So dba was not the primary group of oracle8i. After the install, I did try by changing the whole $ORACLE_HOME directly tree to be owned by group dba and changed the primary group of oracle8i to dba and start svrmgrl, but that did not help, neither.

I guess I should try installing again by recreating user oracle8i with:

# useradd oracle8i -G oinstall -g dba

Well, on one of these rainy weekends...

--
To reply to me via email, please substitute the text no_spam with mailbox in
the return address.