Oracle on Red Hat linux 6.2

From: Chuck <ccarson_at_change.com>
Date: 2000/06/06

I am having a hell of a time getting Oracle 815 installed onto a Red Hat linux 6.2 box. The installer will not start. I keep getting java related errors. I have tried every permutation of JDK's and JRE's to no avail.I have tried placing the JRE's and JDK's in several different locatiosn as well as symlinking the hell outof it.

Here is a sample error that I get:

Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /usr/local/jre/bin/jre. Please wait...
Error in CreateOUIProcess(): -1
: Bad address

I have been trying for 2 weeks now to doanload the 816 version of Oracle for Linux so I do not know if the problem is related to the 815 version.

Can anyone point me in the right directiion?

I have installed oracle on linux and other platforms many many times so please do not post any newbie type answers.

Thanks greatly,
Chuck Received on Tue Jun 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT