Re: show sga / what's variable size

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: 2000/06/06

Hi Doug,

It is largely the "permanent memory" for the fixed tables, such as the buffer headers, processes, sessions, transactions, enqueue resources, and so on. The size is dependent on all those parameter settings. You can see the permanent memory in X$KSMSP. It is explained more fully in my book.

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/