Newbie Logging question

From: Marc Hampton <faunte_at_NOSPAM.yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/06/06

I have an application that has the Oracle Client files on the local machine. I also have an Oracle database that the application connects to. I am trying to figure out where the heck Oracle logs client SQLNET errors. I looked in the obvious place /oraSID/sqlnet.log I see some very old entries, but none for the errors that I recently produced. I am sure I don't have a simple entry in a config file somewhere. Does anybody know how to turn this logging on and where it is logged??

Thanks,

Marc

PS I am only trying to capture major SQLNET errors like listener on server is down, database is down, physical disconnect etc.

--

"During Sunday's Dodgers-Braves exhibition
game, the public-address announcer at Holman