Re: Oracle Parallel Server and 24x7 availability

From: <asokol99_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/06

Robert, thank you very much.
Here is what's happening now:

i made up a new tnsnames.ora file and edited your examples just changed the names for database and server. I'm getting 12154 error:

mywork> conn system/manager_at_win1
ERROR:
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

My question is: does it indicate that there is something wrong with the setup on the server side or am i still having a problem on client side? I can ping both servers from my workstation and i can ping my workstation from the servers, so i have connection.

Thanks again, Alex

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jun 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT