Re: moving an oracle server

From: Nick Parsons <nick.parsons_at_nospamedl.ericsson.se>
Date: 2000/06/06

m_w_morrison_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Could someone please let me know how I can completely move an oracle
> server (7.3.4.0.0) and all the databases it contains from one computer
> to another computer?
>
> I have tried several ways with little success.
>
> There must be an easy way to do this!
>
> Mike
> ITC
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Best way that we have found is to copy from tape all relevants drives, $ORACLE_HOME, /etc and all mount points for data files. Then restore them on the new server.

Of course this is dependant on the new server having the same mount points as the old one.

HTH. Nick. Received on Tue Jun 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT