Re: SQL Loader

From: Rick Collins <b_aggy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/06/06

In article <8hj36k$2dv$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   lwithington_at_yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> I have a problem with SQL Loader. I have Oracle server installed on
 my
> PC and I'm trying to run sql loader from the command line. The
 problem
> is that the database I'm trying to load data into is on another
> physical machine on the network. How do I specify that I want to load
> data to this machine's database and not the default one on my PC?
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Lucy
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

I guess you need to make sure your pc is runnning SQLNet/Net8 and that the remote server is configured in your local tnsnames.ora file. The configured server name put into tnsnames.ora is then used with the sqlldr command line i.e. sqlldr sys/password_at_otherserver

The remote server will obviously need a listener process running to receive the connection request.

Hope this helps. I'm pretty new to Oracle but I think this is right.

--
Rick Collins
Newbie DBA - Forever Learning.