How to do a full import?

From: Guy Fullalove <nospam_at_127.0.0.1>
Date: 2000/06/05

Oracle 7.3.4 on Solaris 2.6

This may be a silly question, but how do you do a full import? I have an export that I ran a while ago with full=y, I now want to import it back into the same database replacing the data that is currently there. Could some one please give me step by step instructions as to how this can be achieved?

I've tried just running imp full=y, on the existing DB, but I get loads of constraint/object errors (as expected). If I were to disable the constraints, would I also have to do this for the system/sys accounts also?

Full exports are very easy to do, but it just seems the import part is very complicated!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

--
Guy Fullalove