oracle8 std edition vs oracle8 EE edition

From: victor tsien <vtsien_at_ans.ih.lucent.com>
Date: 2000/06/05

Hi, I want to know the difference between Oracle8 stardard edition (formerly workgroup) and Oracle8 Enterprise Edition. The main difference I know is:

Feature                    Oracle8 Std    Oracle8 EE
Act. Replication                n                    y
Std Replicatuib                 y                    y
Partition                            n                    y

Other than those, does anybody know more? Why should I upgrade to EE, if most of the users are logging into or telneting into the machine to run applications? We are not using warehousing. There are about 2 - 300 tables. The largest is about 900 rows with avg row length as 89. The smallest is 1 row. There is no RI. All tables are used as flat files for storage and retrieval. Is it worthwhile to upgrade to 8i? Thanks for your help.

Vic Received on Mon Jun 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT