Re: Oracle Technet sloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww.......

From: Martin Hepworth <maxsec_at_totalise.co.uk>
Date: 2000/06/05

Xiaopong Tran wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have always known that Oracle Technet is kinda
> slow, so I've not accessed for a long time.
> But recently I'm working on a prototype project
> that requires a big gun DB, so I think maybe
> I can download Oracle for Linux from Technet.
> Have been trying for two days, and finally,
> got my ftp session. But it's downloading at
> 2K/sec..... we have a T1 connection for only
> 50 people, for god sake! Download from Sun site
> is around 150-200K/sec.
>
> The nasty thing is that Netscape hangs after
> 6 hours of downloading.... :( and now, I've
> just wasted two days and 6 hours!
>
> Anyone knows of any Oracle mirror site where
> I can get the Oracle for Linux?
>
> Ah well, maybe I should just use Sybase or DB2...
>
> Xiaopong

I agree its been dog slow for months - hardly inspiring is it.

But then good news is that server supports restarting on the ftp, so if your connection does break you can use a real ftp client to continue the download. I guess they want you to get the CDROM really :-)

Martin Received on Mon Jun 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT