Re: Problem with creating DB on Linux

From: Marion <dont_use13_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/06/05

If you set a password for your password file in ORAPWD, that automatically became the password for internal and SYS. First try using whatever password you might have passed to the ORAPWD utility when creating your password file. If that doesn't work try setting REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE to shared and then connect as internal (with no password).

Marion

In article <3932EDC8.B823260A_at_online.de>,   no_spam_at_bmlam.de wrote:
> Finally, Oracle8i apparently has been installed on my Linux box. I can
> fire up server manager. However, the problem is
> after having created a password file and trying to connect to Server
> Manager to create the database, I encountered the following problem:

> [oracle8i_at_feb2000 create]$ echo $ORACLE_SID
> tst3
> [oracle8i_at_feb2000 create]$ svrmgrl
>
> Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.5.0.0 - Production
>
> (c) Copyright 1997, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
>
> ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist
> SVRMGR> connect internal
> Password:
> ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist
> SVRMGR> exit
> Server Manager complete.
> [oracle8i_at_feb2000 create]$
>

> As shown, ORACLE_SID is set up and a corresponding password exists in
> the default directory. CONNECT INTERNAL is supposed to let me connect
> without password anyway. But in practice, this is not the case. Do I
> have to change
>
> remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive
>
> in the INITSID.ORA file to another value? That was the pre-set value
> from the sample file.
>
> Any hints will be appreciated!
>
> --
> To reply to me via email, please substitute the text no_spam with
> mailbox in the return address.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jun 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT