Re: can't drop rbs tablespace ...

From: L120bj <l120bj_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/06/04

>Hi:
>I have one RBS tablespace which 4 rollback segments reside on.But one of
>rollback segments need to recovery by viewing v$rollstat.
>So happen error message like "datafile can't read ..." when using
>v$segments. and ..
>don't know how to solve the problem.
>My some tries are the following,
>1.remove wrong rollback segment from init parameter file and start again.
>2. recover datafile or RBS tablespace
>Finally , the result were all the same,that's no work.still happened "can't
>read datafile ..." when viewing v$segments.
>So i decide to change RBS tablespace to another RBS2 tablespace. The steps
>are following ,
>1.drop all rollback segments (except wrong rollback segment,because it don't
>work)
>2.create another tablespace RBS2
>3.create rollback segment on RBS2
>4.recreate controlfile to remove all datafile using by RBS tablespace.
>5.start DB again
>when finished above steps.I've removed RBS tablespace from controlfile.But
>still existed in Data Dictionary.So you can see some filename like
>"MISSING00nn ".
>It's always successful to use command "drop tablespace" to drop it.But this
>time it don't work.Is RBS special case ?????
>I don't know why ?
>So I couldn't use v$segments or some view , data dictionary ... help me
>please.Thanks!

There's an undocumented intialistation parameter that may help. If you add _corrupted_rollback_segment =
with the name of the relevant relevant rollback segment to the init.ora file and then restart the database you should then be able to do alter tablespace rbs offline immediate;
drop tablespace rbs;
HTH,
  Rob Received on Sun Jun 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT