ORA-01991 invalid password file name

From: Nancy Labbé <watson95_at_globetrotter.net>
Date: 2000/06/03

I need to recreate control file with commands generated by

ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE NORESETLOGS; I execute the following commands in Server Manager as internal user after shuting down the database:

STARTUP NOMOUNT PFILE=... CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "PROD" NORESETLOGS ARCHIVELOG     MAXLOGFILES 100
    MAXLOGMEMBERS 2
    MAXDATAFILES 254
    MAXINSTANCES 16
    MAXLOGHISTORY 1600
LOGFILE ...
DATAFILE...; After the CREATE CONTROLFILE commands, the following messages are returned:

ORA-01503 CREATE CONTROLFILE failed
ORA-01991 invalid password file name

The specified password file exists.

Operating system: Netware 4.11
RDBMS: Oracle 7.3.4

In initsid.ora file: remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive

If I set remote_login_passwordfile to none, I can't connect to the database with internal user (insuffisant privileges). Received on Sat Jun 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT