stallling on SID that doesnt exist

From: Robin Witkop-Staub <robin_at_witkopstaub.com>
Date: 2000/06/03

Everything I try fails on the SID name. I can't figure out how to create a new SID with my new database name. It states the TNS cannot translate my name. I cant find a utility in netware to let me create a new SID. Editing my TNS and LISTENER files either manually or neteasy does not work. The SID names are right in these files but since the SID isnt created anywhere it bombs. I even tried setting the SID from some SVRMGR30 utility on the server console and that failed. Received on Sat Jun 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT