TRANSPARENT GATEWAY FOR DRDA (DB2 MVS)

From: MIke Ross <mross_at_dca.net>
Date: 2000/06/02

We've installed ORACLE TRANSPARENT GATEWAY FOR DRDA V8.04 on NT 4.0 SP5 over an ORACLE 8.05 EE DB. From our standpoint (ORACLE DBAs) it works fine. However our DB2/MVS admin collegues tell us there is a big problem from their standpoint. When we use SQLPLUS on the NT SERVER ORACLE DB to query DB2 tables, it starts a thread on the MVS side. When we exit SQLPLUS, it does not close the thread. Subsequent SQLPLUS sessions start new threads. On the MVS/DB2 (v5.1.1) side, there are a finite number of these threads available, after that number is used - no one (even people not using the ORACLE Transparent Gateway) can access the DB2 database. The only way we can get rid of the threads started by the Transparent Gateway is to bounce the gateway, the inactive threads then go away. ORACLE support has said the GATEWAY should close the threads after the SQLPLUS session is exited, but their support people for this product have not gotten back to us with an answer as to why it isn't on our installation. (TAR was opened three weeks ago).

Would appreciate any help on this -
Thanks
Mike Ross Received on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT