Re: Feature not enabled: Function-based Indexes

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 2000/06/02

In article <8h6ull$e00_at_chronicle.concentric.net>,   "Jim Poe" <jpoe_at_fulcrumit.com> wrote:
> Using Oracle 8.1.5
>
> I get the message above when trying this:
> create unique index phn_dscr on phn_type(upper( DSCR));
>
> What do I need to do to enable this feature?

various features and options are only available with Enterprise edition, this is one of them.

See http://technet.oracle.com/doc/server.815/a68020/ch4.htm#58509

for a complete breakdown of the difference between EE and standard.

> Thanks
>
> --
> Jim Poe ( jpoe_at_fulcrumit.com )

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com) Oracle Service Industries
Howtos and such: http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/index.html

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.