Re: MS SQL Server vs Oracle vs DB2 (&Sybase too)

From: Adam Ruth <aruth_at_intercation.com>
Date: 2000/06/02

You can get all that info here:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/productinfo/pricing.htm

Here's the relevant info on the Internet Connector lincense we've been talking about:

Internet Connector
The Internet Connector is a license that allows an unlimited number of devices used by Internet users access to SQL Server via your site. An "Internet user" is any person currently connected to the Internet, other than a person employed by you (as an employee, independent contractor, or in any other capacity), or otherwise providing goods or services to you or on your behalf. You must purchase an Internet Connector License for each processor on each server that is running SQL Server or SQL Server Enterprise Edition.

Note: Intranet and extranet applications require CALs.

--
Adam Ruth
InterCation, Inc.