Re: ORA-00936 select statement in colum list. Is it possible?

From: spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: 2000/06/02

there are a lot of valid expressions that can be used in a select list, but another select statement is not one of them. try using a join instead, for example

select A.column_a, B.column_b
 from A, B
  where A.column_a = B.column_b

     and A.column_a = 'test'

"Dimitry" <dmitry_av_at_urbis.net.il> wrote in message news:39338916_at_news.bezeqint.net...
> You are very hard to understand.
> Your second SELECT brings you a column of values from the
 field B.column_b.
> So why do you place it instead of column name? These things
 are completely
> different.
> Could you be a bit more specific?
>
> Young Lee <young.lee_at_supplysolution.com> wrote in message
> > I am trying to use a select statement in column list and got
 ORA-00936
> > error.
> > Is there any way around it?
> >
> > For example,
> > select column_a, (select column_b from B where
 A.column_a=B.column_b)